Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is in ninth grade now; does this preclude him/her from participating in the TIP program?
2. If my student was accepted into Duke TIP and/or Johns Hopkins CTY, will Baylor accept that as well? Will they still need to test?
3. Are students automatically enrolled for appropriate programming, or is it based on Scholar level?
6. One of the goals mentioned on your website states, “Christian Commitment in caring environment.” What does this mean? Does this exclude all other religions?
9. My district is not a Baylor TIP District, or it is only assessing one grade level. What can I do?
11. Will you provide scholarships for out of town or traveling students for Bayor TIP Assessments and programing at Baylor?
12. I am a district leader and want to be a Baylor TIP District. Do districts decide on testing date?
13. Do districts decide who will take the test based on 25% of students' scores on local/state standardized tests, or parent/teacher recommendations?